Parli Procedure



Hire a Licensed Parliamentarian

Licensing Authority

Order Form

How To Have Effective Meetings

Little Ben

Home Owners Association
Homeowners' Association
Proxy Voting
A Homeowner's Experience
HOA Blog




Dear Parliamentarian

Popular Products
Robert's Rules of Order: Simplified & Applied 2014
Competition Package
Dynamic Video & Book Combination - How to Conduct a Meeting
How to Conduct a Meeting
How to Run a Meeting (DVD & CD-PPT)
McMinutes: A Training Manual for Secretaries
Nominations & Elections
Parliamentary Procedure Made Simple: the Basics
Robert's Rules of Order in the Courts (Law Cases)
Roberts Rules of Order in Spanish & English
Special DVD and Book - DVD: Parliamentary Procedure Made Simple: the Basics and Book: Robert's Rules of Order: Simplified & Applied 3rd Edition 2014
Teacher's Package
Un Guia para Sessiones Effectivas - in Spanish
All About Motions Video

Order Form

Las Reglas Simplificadas de Orden (FREE)

Parliamentarian For Hire

Helpful Links

How To Run A Meeting


How do you amend the bylaws to delete a position?

How To Run A Meeeting

If you would like to know more about how Parliamentarian Procedure from Little Ben, click here for my DVD called How To Run A Meeting.

Our Club wishes to change a position in the Club from an elected position to an appointed position (by the President with Board approval)via a change in the bylaws. The question is that no one can find in RRO how to terminate that position(due to incompetance or other)before its term is up if it becomes necessary. The position is currently an elected officer position but non voting. The position is a delegate postion to another Corporation.

Hi Patricia,

If you need to remove someone from office because of incompetence, that is a different procedure. But if you want to change the bylaws and it will affect a person in that office, you can still amend the bylaws. Look at Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised the 11th edition page 597 line 24. If want to keep a person in the current office that you amending that can be done through a proviso. If you want to get rid of the office now, all you have to do is amend the bylaws and that office is no longer in existence. The person serving in that office then is no longer an officer because it has either been struck from the bylaws or it becomes a different position.

Hope this helps.

Little Ben

Question submitted by Patricia on Jun 30, 2013